Stinging Nettle Pesto
A delightful take on pesto made from foraged stinging nettle and fresh basil, carefully blended with pine nuts and extra virgin olive oil. Appealing to all the family and wonderfully versatile, this stinging nettle pesto is THE reason for a delectable pasta dish any time of the day!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 5
- Total Time: 10
- Water – enough to fill a large bottom heavy pot
- 10 cups – Stinging Nettle Leaves
- 1/2 cup – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup – Pine Nuts
- 3 minced – Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 cup – Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 large sprigs – Fresh Basil Leaves
- Sea Salt
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper – Make it a bit coarse. Avoid using powdered black pepper.
- Once the stinging nettle leaves are blanched, using a blender or food processor, place all the ingredients in the blender.
- Pulse a few times until the desired consistency and texture is reached.
- Adjust flavor by adding the desired amount of sea salt and freshly black ground pepper to taste.
Keywords: stinging nettle pesto, pine nuts, garlic, basil, olive oil