A classic blend of Pineapples and Coconut, this Pina Colada Slushie is the perfect drink to enjoy during the height of summer. As you’re sipping it, memories or wanderlust of the Caribbean tropical islands are sure to flood your mind. Enjoy this slushie with a swig of coconut rum or as a virgin cocktail.
Table of Contents
- Why you’ll adore this Pina Colada Slushie
- Pina Colada Slushie Recipe Overview
- Coconut Milk or Cream of Coconut?
- Make it a Virgin!
- How to make Pina Colada Slushie:
- Pina Colada Slushie Recipe
- Other Recipes You Will Love
Why you’ll adore this Pina Colada Slushie
- Cooling and Refreshing – it’s a mixture of icy fruit and coconut milk/water which makes it nutritious as well as refreshing.
- A breeze to make – It’s the quickest and most tastiest way to bring the tropical islands into your home. Blend your ingredients for a couple of minutes and you’ve got yourself a winner!
Pina Colada Slushie Recipe Overview
- Flavour Profile: A delectable tropical mix of pineapple and coconut. It’s deeply rich, thick and smooth. Not overly sweet, but instead faultlessly refreshing and thirst quenching. If Bahamas was a drink, this would be it!
- Difficulty: Straightforward, easy peasy. This slushie has one main step which is to place all ingredients in the blender and blend.
- Time: 2 minutes to blend and 2 minutes to gather the ingredients. 5 minutes tops!
- Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- Coconut Water or Coconut Milk
- Juice of Lime
- Runny honey (optional)
- Coconut Rum (optional)
- Fresh strawberries (to garnish, optional)
- Fresh Mint Twigs (to garnish, optional)
Coconut Milk or Cream of Coconut?
The difference between coconut milk and coconut cream is that coconut milk is a milk made from the pulp of coconuts. It is rich, and it also has high fat content. However, coconut cream is much thicker than coconut milk, and it’s made from coconut milk. The coconut milk is chilled, then the top layer of cream that floats to the top is skimmed off. It is very thick and tastes like coconut, but is not sweetened.
For this pina colada slushie, it is ideal to use coconut water, if you’re adding Coconut Rum to your slushie as the flavour blends well together. However if you are not using Coconut Rum, coconut milk makes for a better ingredient because it has a stronger taste to it.
Do not use creamed coconut for this slushie. Creamed coconut is a pure, solid and concentrated block that melts when heated. It’s the dehydrated fresh meat of a mature coconut. This is not ideal for this pina colada slushie.
Make it a Virgin!
Make this slushie alcohol-free and kid-friendly by omitting the rum.
All you’ll need to make this delicious slushie is a blender.
How to make Pina Colada Slushie:
- Place all ingredients, excluding the garnishes (strawberry and apple mint) into the blender.
- Blend until smooth then serve immediately.
Pina Colada Slushie RecipePrint
Pina Colada Slushie
add text herep
- 2 and 1/2 cups – Frozen Pineapple Chunks
- 340 ml – Coconut Water or Coconut Milk
- 1/2 – juice of Lime
- 1 tablespoon – runny honey (optional)
- 30 ml – Coconut Rum (optional)
- 2 – Fresh strawberries (to garnish, optional)
- 2 – Fresh Mint Twigs (to garnish, optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
Thank you so much for your support! I am truly grateful for your readership. You can further support this publication by buying me a coffee to help support the site’s running costs. Please also sign up for the free The Savourista’s monthly newsletter to get all the latest recipe posts straight to your inbox.
Other Recipes You Will Love
- 30 Min Mongolian Beef – made from a beautiful blend of ginger, soy sauce and scallions, this Mongolian Beef recipe transforms any rice dish!
- Curried Sweet Potato Soup -a nutritious, heartwarming and filling soup. Perfect for the colder months of the year.