These amazingly delicious Apricot Chicken Wings are the perfect blend of spice and fruit. Sticky and sweet, they are flavorful and can be made in mere minutes in a variety of ways. Air fryer? Oven? BBQ grill? It’s up to you! Simply marinate your chicken in my perfectly blended Apricot glaze, cook and enjoy. You will not be able to get enough!
Apricot Chicken Wing held over homemade BBQ sauce
Table of Contents
- Why you’ll love these Apricot Chicken Wings:
- Apricot Chicken Wings Recipe Overview
- Storage of Apricot Chicken Wings
- Apricot Chicken Wings Recipe:
- Other Recipes You May Love:
Why you’ll love these Apricot Chicken Wings:
- Kids love it – this Apricot Chicken Wings recipe is child friendly. By omitting chilli flakes and dijon mustard, the heat of the marinade is toned down a couple of notches which makes it ideal for the little ones too.
- Fast and Fuss-Free – There are only two main steps to the recipe. The marinade and the frying. Making the marinade takes 2 to 4 minutes and frying takes 16 minutes. This is a recipe you can leave to cook while you go about your business. It’s not too involved.
- Easy clean-up – It’s easy to clean up after making Apricot Chicken Wings in the air fryer because you use one large mixing bowl, one set of tongs and the air fryer. After cooking, you can simply wash the mixing bowl and the tongs. Also, you can line the air fryer with oven-proof baking paper for when you are frying. This makes it easier to clean up the chicken juices.
Apricot Chicken Wings Recipe Overview
- Flavour Profile: Sweet, tangy-tart and chilli. Truly an explosion of flavours in your mouth these Apricot Chicken Wings
- Difficulty: Quite easy. This recipe has two main components. That is: making the marinade sauce and frying the chicken. It’s a recipe that most people can do with little guidance. It’s a great recipe to make with kids as it is fuss-free.
- Time: From making the marinade sauce to completing the frying, 20 minutes!
- Chicken Wings – organic or corn fed chicken is ideal.
- Apricot Conserve
- Smoked Paprika
- Garlic Powder – or fresh minced garlic
- Chilli Flakes – or fresh chilli
- Brown Sugar
- Dijon Mustard
- Soy Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Ground Ginger
- Sea Salt – a pinch or two, to taste
- Black Pepper – freshly cracked
- Tofu – A great vegan substitute for chicken is tofu (bean curd). Tofu is hearty, ultra-flavor absorbent and has a great texture to it. Almost like chicken. When using tofu, allow it to marinate in the apricot sauce mixture for 2 or more hours. Following this, air-fry for 12 minutes, turning it at each 6 minute interval.
- Fruit Conserve – Apricot conserve can be substituted by any fruit conserve. Conserves that are complementary to chicken include plum conserve, peach conserve or fig conserve.
- Fresh Ingredients – Garlic powder, chilli flakes and ground ginger may all be substituted by fresh alternatives. Fresher ingredients do however carry a sharper and stronger flavour, for this reason, use sparingly.
- Child friendly – omit chilli flakes and dijon mustard from the recipe to reduce the level of spice. This will make it more child friendly.
- Turkey – Try this recipe with turkey or tofu for a different variation.
- A large bowl
- Air fryer
- Wash the chicken then place it into a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Make the apricot conserve marinade by placing all remaining ingredients in a separate bowl and mixing well until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken. At this point you can leave to marinate for a few hours or overnight. Or, you can carry on and air-fry the chicken.
- Air fry at 195°C for 8 minutes per side or a total of 16 minutes or until chicken wings are crisp and golden brown on the outside.
- Serve! Garnish with lime and freshly chopped coriander.
Storage of Apricot Chicken Wings
This chicken stores well in the fridge for 2-3 days, in an airtight container. The chicken can be reheated in the microwave.
Apricot Chicken Wings Recipe:Print
Thank you so much for your support! I am truly grateful for your readership. You can further support this publication by buying me a coffee to help support the site’s running costs. Please also sign up for the free The Savourista’s monthly newsletter to get all the latest recipe posts straight to your inbox.
Other Recipes You May Love:
Pearl Barley & Quinoa – this entree goes perfectly well with Apricot Chicken Wings. Mix it up and add some fried kale or some mango salsa!
The Classic Brownie – to polish off your Apricot Chicken Wings, why not have some of this Classic Brownie, topped off with some banana ice cream and some salted caramel sauce.